Run time 33:28Producer pcmagAudio/Visual sound, colorLanguage English
Utilites to Spice Up Your Windows Machine, Overclocking Finale and More!
What's new in Episode 227
• DL.TV Series Producer Scott Asnault joins Robert on the set. Is he wearing a Dungeons & Dragons T-shirt?
• Scott suggests everyone be careful about what you throw away. He has been seeing dumpster divers in his apartment complex. Make sure your documents are shredded.
• This week's Tech Pic is from Roger of Passaic, NJ.
• Loyd finishes up his Overclocking 101 series by actually overclocking a PC in his lab.
• Scott shows off a couple utilities that will make the Windows PC life a bit easier. Scott lives in Irfanview. Uses it mainly to resize images for DL.TV and to be able to send digital pictures that he has taken to friends. But Irfanview is much more than that. He also had the chance to get a demo of BeInSync.com. Adi Ruppin, VP of BeInSync, came in and demoed the software. Finally, Scott quickly showed off WindowBlinds 6. Reskin your XP or Vista Machine.
• We also want to know about what utilities you like. Go to the 91 Utilities to Supercharge Windows article and let us know which utility is your fav. And let us know if we missed something. We will put all the information together for a future show. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Utility' in the subject line.
• Our Viewer Question is from Mark of City of Industry, CA:
I just built a HTPC with a core 2 duo 2.66 GHz, PQI 2 GB of RAM and a Nvidia EVGA 8800gts. I have a Sony Bravia KDL32M3000. Anyhow, I would love to hook up my HTPC to the T.V. What kinda cable would I need to do this? I am also getting a Blu-Ray dvd drive for my pc. Will my specs play high def dvds at full frame without any lag?
Mark, Jason Cross has got you covered. Your specs are good to handle Blu-Ray. As for the cable, get a DVI to HDMI cable or a DVI to HDMI adapter. However, you will need seperate cables for audio.
• Loyd Case will be back on the show May 1st. So, if you have a question for the Editor of ExtremeTech.com, Email us at email@example.com with 'Ask Loyd' in the subject line.
• Next week: We go Green. Green PCs, Recycling, Power Consumption and More.
• Mobile users! Click here to watch the show and send us your feedback on the show quality when viewed from your phone